We are always accepting petitions for membership.
To join Twilight Spiral Coven, you must first meet the following requirements:
- You must be 21 years of age and older.
- You must be a woman-born woman
- You must be free of chemical illegal drugs.
- You must have at least a basic knowledge of Wicca and Witchcraft.
- You must be of an open mind, and be kindhearted.
- You must be within driving distance of the Inland Empire area
- You must be able to attend at least 85% of all meetings, classes, events, rituals and workshops.
- You must have internet access, for most correspondence will be online.
- If you have a mental illness, you must be undergoing treatment for the illness.
Joining a coven is a big step and a commitment, and should not be taken lightly. Take some time to think about it, and make sure that it is the path you wish to take.
1) Fill out the petition below and send on to email@example.com. You may copy and paste it into an email.
2) If we believe that you may make a good match with our coven, the High Priestess or officers will ask you some more questions and may schedule a meeting with you. After the initial meet, if you are still interested in our coven you may be invited to join our congregational group the Shadow Sisters. The Shadow Sisters are invited to most all-coven meetings and sabbat circles, and communicate on Facebook.
3) If you will be a good fit with our group, you’ll be invited to join our outer court and dedicate to the coven.
4) Outer Court members (Dedicants and Aspirants) will be expected to come to open esbats, sabbats, Wicca 101 classes, all coven meetings, and social functions. Outer Court members will not come to inner court meetings, working rituals, closed esbats and some in-coven trainings. Outer Court members will be invited to most camping trips and festivals. Outer Court members are expected to contribute dues (Sliding scale $5-20 a month). Outer Court members will take part in a dedication ritual. Dedication to the coven does not lock one into coven membership in any way, and dedicants are free to leave if they feel the coven is not for them after all. Likewise, the coven is free to release dedicants at any time, if they feel as though the dedicant will not be a good fit.
5) Outer Court members may be invited to join the Inner Court, and if so, will be initiated into the coven, earning the first degree in the Twilight Tradition.
So, that’s a lot of words. What is the time commitment really look like?
As a dedicant, you’ll be required to attend dedicant classes (~2 hours each), which are usually on a weeknight. Probably 2 classes per month- they tend to run every other week. You’ll be invited to our Sabbat celebrations (~4 hours), which are every other month, as well as our monthly all-coven meetings (~2 hours). As a dedicant, expect homework.
Our initiate priestesses attend esbat circles (~3 hours) once a month, inner court and all-coven monthly meetings (~4 hours) and sabbat circles (~5 hours). Priestesses also work on their degree studies as well as their emphasis, a specialty they choose.
The schedule for the year is laid out no later than November of the previous year. Attendance is important to us; we schedule in advance so that you may be able to also schedule your activities around coven events whenever possible.
All coven members are encouraged to have a healthy personal practice and to take outside classes.
Petition for Outer Court Membership